Monday, May 12, 2008

when I say 'i am a christian.' i'm not shouting 'i'm living clean.' i'm whispering 'i was lost. now i'm found and forgiven.' when i say 'i am a christian.' i don't speak of this with pride. i'm confessing that i stumble. and need Christ to be my guide. when i say 'i am a christian. i'm not trying to be strong. i'm professing that i'm weak. and need His strength to carry on. when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not bragging of success. i'm admitting i have failed. and need God to clean my mess. when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not claiming to be perfect. my flaws are far too visible. but God believes i am worth it. when i say 'i am a christian.' i still feel the sting of pain. i have my share of heartaches. so i call upon His name. when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not holier than thou. i'm just a simple sinner. who received God's good grace somehow. -unknown.

No comments: